Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Great Aunt Jo's first day in heaven.

Aunt Jo was my great aunt and because I lost all of my grandparents at an early age in many ways she was a grandmother to me. She was a children's Sunday school teacher for years in her church an ran a day care out of her home single handedly.  If I had to sum her up in 3 words they would be "one tough cookie". I remember very well visiting her with my family and at lunch time she would have whipped up something like spaghetti or mashed 'taters and corn on the cob and maybe even a cobler. I remember getting to rowdy with my cousins and being chased around the house with the fly swat. =) And if I dared spill anything on her carpet she would have made me "clean it up with my eyeballs." These are all fond memories I have of Aunt Jo but I think more than anything I remember her talking about heaven and listening to her you couldn't help but know it was real. She missed my uncle "Paw" who had went to be with the Lord several years back, but she kept on going because she knew there were still things that had to be done. She had broken her back and was in a lot of pain. I called her the day before her surgery and the day after, and it seemed to have helped a lot, but today she went to be with Jesus and I know she is happier than ever now. I miss her so much but what a blessing to know she has finally reached her destination for which she had for so long waited. We all miss you, Aunt Jo. And we will definitely shed some tears, but know that we're so happy that you're with Jesus and that you are reunited with Paw and many others that we love and miss. Thanks for the impact you had on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment