Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Makin' progress a little at a time.

Today went from a kinda scary day to super fun. I found out this morning that i may have gestational diabetes, and I have to go in this Friday to run tests for 3 hours straight. =( But after hearing about the experiences of my friends who have already had it, it made it a little easier to deal with. I went with my friend, Mellisa to Babies-r-us to go registry "shopping" and spent most of the afternoon doing that and that made the day so so so much better. THERE'S SOOOOOO MUCH BABY STUFF OUT THERE!!! I'm glad I didn't try to do it alone. That would have been way overwhelming.  While we were out, I was able to find a Noah's ark wall decal on clearance. Woohoo! And yesterday, I found giraffe print fabric on clearance for $2 a yard. =) Not so great things happen but good things happen too. My giraffe baby bumper isn't quite finished yet but I layed it along the inside of our crib just so you could get an idea of what it looks like. I'm thinking of using the leftover fabric to make a little cushion that looks like a side profile of a giraffe with its eyes closed. I'll pin the head on the outside of the bumper so the crib bumper looks like a sleeping giraffe all curled up around the baby. Have to play with it a little to figure it out but so far I'm really pleased with how it's coming. Well, here's a picture of Sean's baby corner!

The Baby Corner

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! cant wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, having GD isn't so bad...you just have to take it in stride, and don't beat yourself up if you are craving something you can't have (trust me, I did that with my first one.). With my second, I just took life as it came, stuck with my diet, and if I craved something, I ate it! You will survive, and it won't last forever! I hope you don't have it, but if you do, and you need to chat, I'm here!

    ReplyDelete